North Carolina State University Counseling Center
The NC State University Counseling Center offers the following information about mental health referral resources in the community. Here, you can find information about various off-campus providers, including both therapists and psychiatrists. Please utilize this database to find off-campus services if you want longer-term treatment, specialized services, prefer an off-campus provider, or if you are not eligible to receive Counseling Center services. The database was designed to help match your mental health needs and preferences with viable community providers.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a NC State student and you are at risk (e.g., considering suicide, harm to others, are at risk of physical harm/assault, etc.), you are urged to come to the Counseling Center during business hours or call the Center (919-515-2423) and ask to speak to an on-call counselor after business hours. If there is an emergency where your life or someone else's is in immediate danger, please call the NC State University Police Department at 911 or (919)-515-3000.
Both NC State students and non-students can utilize any of the following crisis resources:
- Emergency Medical Services - 911, or visit the nearest hospital emergency room
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) Treatment Referral Helpline (Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm EST) - 1-877-SAMSHA7 (726-4727)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Eating Disorders Association Information and Referral Helpline - 1-800-931-2237
- Kristin Brooks Hope Center/I'm Alive - 1-800-784-2433 or hopeline.com for online chat
Additional local resources can be found here:
Referral information is based on providers voluntarily submitting their information to the NC State University Counseling Center referral database. These resources are not affiliated with the University, and the Counseling Center does not endorse or bear responsibility for services provided by individuals/agencies listed.
The above list of clinicians is generated based on student preferences, presenting treatment needs, insurance coverage and availability. We, of course, would like for you to be satisfied with the off-campus treatment you seek. If you have any feedback about a provider in our database, please contact the Counseling Center at 919-515-2423 and ask to speak to one of our Case Managers to inform us about your treatment experience.
If you are a local provider interested in participating in the referral system, please contact the Clinical Case Manager at (919-515-2423) or email@example.com.
Service Provider Options: